How to Make Hemp Weed Flower Butter
Needed: (crock-pot, butter, strainer, dried herb, and mold for butter)
- Start with 1 LBS of the best unsalted butter you’ve loved since a child, and an OZ of your preferred dried herb.
- Take your crock-pot and set it on the lowest setting.
- Melt your butter all the way down and add 1 cup of water to the mix to keep the temp below boiling. It keeps your CBD/CBDG/THC/ETC from degrading.
- Add desired amount of dried herb into your mixture. An OZ of dried herb contains 28,000 mg if dried properly. With a hemp flower rate of 15% CBD an entire OZ would give you approximately 4200 mg in your butter which is around 1000 mg per stick.
- Put the lid on and let your weed butter cook for 6-8 hours on the lowest setting on the crock pot. Remember to stir your weed butter to prevent sticking.
- When you make hemp butter, never leave your butter unattended because there is a risk of fire.
- Let your weed butter chill slightly because hot oils can give horrible burns.
- You can use any strainer but I use hemp bags so I can really squeeze the liquid through and separate the plant material from the liquid.
- Strain into desired container and let cool in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- After you remove the butter from the fridge you will notice a change. The butter will have settled at the top of the water in the mixture. Take the block and flip it upside down and wipe off unneeded waxes gathered during cooling.
- When melting the weed butter down for your butter mold remember to NEVER USE A MICROWAVE! Microwaves destroy all properties that are good in you freshly made weed butter!
- Add to any dish, my personal favorite is just some toast and eggs!
- That is how to make weed butter, click here for more uses for your delicious butter.