How to Make Hemp Flower Butter
Needed: (crock-pot, butter, strainer, dried hemp herb, and mold for butter)
In place of dried herb, you can use a prepared, CBD product. This will erase a lot of these steps and your dosage will be more accurate as determining the amount of CBD in a hemp flower is based on tests done to the flower. Prepared CBD products are rigorously tested and serving sizes are routinely checked for quality control. Elektra, a common CBD Flower, is around 17% CBD. Using one ounce or 28,000MG your butter will have around 4750MG. If using a pound of butter and a mold to mold your butter back into sticks to use later. Each stick will be around 1200MG of just CBD.
- Start with 1 lb of the best butter you’ve loved since a child (Unsalted) and an OZ of your preferred dried hemp herb.
- Take your crock-pot and set it on the lowest setting.
- Melt your butter all the way down and add 1 cup of water to the mix to keep the temp below boiling. It keeps your CBD/CBDG/THC/ETC from degrading.
- Add the desired amount of dried herb into your mixture. As mentioned above. An OZ of the dried herb contains 28,000MG if dried properly. With a hemp flower rate of 15% -17% CBD, an entire OZ would give you approximately 4200 mg in your butter. Which is around 1000 mg per stick.
- If finding the right amount of CBD is hard you can opt to use either a CBD Isolate for exactly 1000mg per package or use a tincture you trust for accurate dosing. This however will change the entirety of this process. You will only have to allow the butter to melt down on a stove, preferably gas and not infrared, add the CBD stir, and then pour it into a mold. Continuing with the use of hemp flower below.
- Put the lid on and let your weed butter cook for 6-8 hours on the lowest setting on the crock pot. Remember to stir your weed butter to prevent sticking.
- When you make hemp butter, never leave your butter unattended because there is a risk of fire.
- Let your butter chill slightly because hot oils can give horrible burns.
- You can use any strainer but I use hemp bags so I can really squeeze the liquid through and separate the plant material from the liquid.
- Strain into the desired container and let cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- After you remove the butter from the fridge you will notice a change. The butter will have settled at the top of the water in the mixture. Take the block and flip it upside down and wipe off unneeded waxes gathered during cooling.
- When melting the weed butter down for your butter mold remember to NEVER USE A MICROWAVE! Microwaves destroy all properties that are good in you freshly made weed butter! Double boil it, never use Microwaves to melt anything down.
- Add to any dish, my personal favorite is just some toast and eggs! Though having ready to use butter makes a plate of cookies easy to make and easy to dose.
- That is how I make hemp flower butter, click here for more uses for your delicious butter.